In Japan's high quality of education. I wish to study in Japan in order to build my capability and grow in my profession, to learn the Japanese culture and Japanese language.
Japanese are known for excellent work ethics along with solid principles. Learning in this kind of environment would greatly improve me personally and professionally.
Not only that this will help me improve, I can also share the learning and experiences in Japan when I come back to the Philippines.
Eight months have passed since I came to Japan.
Before I came to Japan, I had no experience of studying Japanese in the Philippines.
I could not say a word in Japanese. I could not write hiragana, katakana, kanji, and words.
For the first two months in Kobe, I was very sad because I didn't understand Japanese. Because I didn't know how to say, I could not talk with my Japanese friends. Therefore, it was very difficult to understand at least basic Japanese.
But now my Japanese has improved a lot.
Because of the scholarship I received, I was able to live and enjoy in Japan.
I used a scholarship to buy the books I need for Japanese lessons.
Thanks to the scholarship, I can survive every day by buying the food I want to eat. In addition, we use scholarship money to pay utilities such as water supply, electricity, gas, insurance, and internet billing.
Thanks to the scholarship and Kobe International University, I traveled to Hiroshima, Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Kanazawa, Hyogo and Kobe, and went to various places in Japan.
Through Kobe International University, I lived in Japanese families with Ishikawa, Kanazawa and Hyogo. I really enjoyed my experience of staying in a host family in Japan.
Thanks to the homestay program, I was able to practice Japanese by talking to my host family in Japanese, sometimes English.
That day, I was very nervous. Most of the participants stayed longer in Japan than I was and I was speaking very well to Japanese people than I am.
Also I participated in a speech contest. I have to prove that I am suitable for receiving a scholarship. Fortunately, at the speech contest, I got good performance and I was able to award prizes. I am very happy and proud of myself. And my friends, especially the friends of the Japanese culture club, blessed us a lot.
Finally, I am grateful to all of KIU's teachers' and staff members.
Many friends from countries such as Vietnam, China, Thailand, Nepal, Moldova, Indonesia and Japan were made.
I appreciate HUMAP, thank you very much.
For my last report, I would like to express my sincerest gratitude to HUMAP Scholarship. Without the scholarship, I could not study at Kobe International University in Japan.
My last two months was the most memorable time in Japan as I have recalled all the wonderful memories I made for the last 10 months. Because of the scholarship, ending my time in Japan gave me so much learning and unforgettable experiences that I summarized here below:
1. Aside from learning how to speak, read and write basic Japanese and study about Japanese culture, I also learned the good values of Japanese people such as showing respect to others, behave properly especially in public places, and cooperate to keep the place safe and secured, that I considered as the best experiences I had in Japan.
2. In Home-Stay program I was able to gain a deeper understanding of Japanese culture as shown by my host families. At that time, it was very difficult for me to speak in Japanese. But because of this experiences, it pushed me so hard to speak in Japanese language for which made me realized that this is one of the reasons why I am studying Japanese language and why I came to Japan.
3. Even though I am the only Filipino student who studied in the University, I am very fortunate that I made many friends not only with the Japanese people but also having friends from different countries like Vietnam, Taiwan, China, Thailand, Nepal and more.
4. Because of good values, I learned to appreciate more about life. I saw how Japanese people gave warm hospitality to other people through their smiles, gestures, assistance and how they react if somebody like me, asked for help.
5. Because of the scholarship given to me and the opportunity to study abroad in Kobe International University in Japan, I had the opportunity to reached out to others not only to the people in my country but also outside the Philippines. I was able to help some of my Japanese friends in their job interviews and I am so happy to know that they passed the job interview. They said, because of me they made it and thank me for the kind assistance I have extended to them. And I am so happy about that. Also I was able to assist an old lady in buying tickets after getting lost on her way going to Ashiya at JR Sumiyoshi Station. I am so happy that I was able assist a Japanese lady at that time.
6. Through financial support coming from the scholarship, I had the opportunity of traveling to different places in Japan. I learned how safe Japan is as a country. I always felt secured and safe whenever I traveled to other places knowing that the Japanese people cared so much to keep others safe and secured, and experience their kind assistance to help or to give directions whenever I got lost especially when going back to my dormitory.
7. And the most important and memorable experience of me in Japan, is to share my Filipino culture to all my friends and to all the people I have met in Japan. And show them how beautiful my country through videos, food, and by showing kindness to them.
I wish I have more time to stay in Japan. But I think, to give this wonderful opportunity of studying abroad to others is more ideal in order to strengthen the relationship between Japan and other countries like Philippines and for them to experience Japan especially Japanese culture.
To HUMAP Scholarship, again thank you so much. I will definitely share all my wonderful experiences in Japan to my fellow Filipinos when I go back to the Philippines. This maybe the end of my journey, but the memories I had will always remain in my heart forever. Thank you so much and God bless you.